The other day I made this profound observation on twitter:
Okay, I’ll never be mistaken for one of the best minds of my generation, but decorating with bottles of water is fairly ubiquitous.
Open any Crate & Barrel catalog or issue of Architectural Digest and I’m sure you’ll find enough bottles of water to hydrate your average garden party for hours. Which got me thinking. (cue dramatic violins)
I wonder what various containers of liquid would be common in photo spreads of kitchens in other magazines?
- Popular Mechanics – half a dozen cans of WD-40
- PC Gamer – 2 liter of Mt. Dew Code Red
- Hot Rod – three bottles of Jagermeister, on tap
- Cosmopolitan – three bottles of Grey Goose vodka, bowl of limes, one small bottle of tonic
- Guns & Ammo – three bottles of Jack Daniels, only one is full
- Cat Fancy – a spray bottle of water
- Hustler - scattered prescription bottles and a damp towel
- Soldier of Fortune – nalgene bottle filled with urine
- Vogue – large bottle of ipecac
- National Geographic – a canteen filled with water from a hand-dug well in Ethiopia set next to a picture of the grateful tribe which is specifically designed to make you feel like a piece of shit because you use bottles of water as decoration
I think I have half a bottle of red wine. What bottles of liquid are featured in your kitchen?